[advocacy] public domain date tag?

Daniel James daniel at mondodesigno.com
Tue Feb 4 06:44:02 PST 2003

Hello all,

I've been thinking about how Vorbis could be used in the context of a creative
commons, not necessarily needing a Creative Commons licence.

If we want to say that the audio content of a Vorbis file enters the public
domain seven years from today, for example, can we do this in a
machine-readable way with a tag? Is there a standard for dates with days and
months in Vorbis tags, eg

comment[0]="PUBLICDOMAIN=04022010";

or

comment[0]="PUBLICDOMAIN=02042010";