[advocacy] DRM for Vorbis

Ryan Sage rsage at sidespace.com
Sun Sep 29 20:07:15 PDT 2002

I am considering starting a project that would design and implement an
open-source DRM solution for Ogg Vorbis media.  Ideally this DRM
implementation could be extended to other formats of media, but I believe Ogg
is a good starting point because of its openness.

To avoid duplicating someone else's efforts, does anyone know of any current
DRM projects for Ogg Vorbis?  If not, I would like to start creating a
high-level architecture document to get this project underway.

I realize that the idea of DRM contradicts with the philosophies of many Ogg
Vorbis developers and users; however I believe it would be in the best
interests of Vorbis to have an open, independent DRM solution.

Ryan