[advocacy] A HOW-TO for adapting ID3/MP3 softwares?

Jim Hogan jimhogan at drizzle.com
Tue Sep 3 22:32:21 PDT 2002

My issue:  I use a very neat ID3 tag editor.  As I began reencoding 500+
CDs to .ogg, I asked the developer if he had any plans for Ogg support.
He didn't know much about it, but said he'd look at it.  I even
volunteered to investigate.

My conclusion?: While the open-endedness of the comment format may indeed
prove to be a wonderful advantage, the loose nature of the specification
(WRT to actual possible comments and relationship to tags) doesn't give
you much to go on if what you want to do is add Ogg support to an existing
program such as this tag editor.

Especially with respect to comment/tags, is there any sort of a HOW-TO or
overview that I have perhaps missed?

Thanks,

Jim