[advocacy] Tremor now BSD licensed, and we have a list of hardware manufacturers

Kenneth C. Arnold kcarnold at arnoldnet.net
Mon Sep 2 18:18:53 PDT 2002

Moritz Grimm wrote:

>Hi!
>

>Great news, Tremor, the fixed-point decoder for Ogg Vorbis is now free
>software! That, and a list of hardware manufacturers that every Vorbis
>user should friendly ask about Vorbis support in their devices can be
>found on http://analog.xiph.org/hardware/
>
>Tremor is already in CVS, the module's called "Tremor" (capital T).

Needs configure.in, not in CVS with a fresh checkout:

$ ./autogen.sh
I am going to run ./configure with no arguments - if you wish
to pass any to it, please specify them on the ./autogen.sh command line.
Generating configuration files for vorbisidec, please wait....
  aclocal
aclocal: `configure.ac' or `configure.in' is required
  libtoolize --automake
libtoolize: `configure.ac' does not exist
Try `libtoolize --help' for more information.
  automake --add-missing
automake: `configure.ac' or `configure.in' is required
  autoconf
autoconf: configure.in: No such file or directory
./autogen.sh: line 61: ./configure: No such file or directory