[advocacy] DRM in OGG - A Proposal

Daniel James daniel at mondodesigno.com
Tue Nov 5 08:49:47 PST 2002

> In that one takes away your ability to exercise rights you legally have,
> and the other grants you additional rights you didn't previously have.

That's quite neatly put, although legal rights are a slippery concept. In
practice, how many of these rights are enforceable if you can't afford a
better team of lawyers than the other side?

Rather than relying on legally enshrined fair use, we should be demanding fair
use from the people who sell us copyrighted material.

Cheers

Daniel