[advocacy] Re: ¡°e¿á¡±´ß±ÈFLASHÈí¡þ½øÈë¡°Gʱ´ú¡±

Moritz Grimm gtgbr
Thu Jul 18 14:50:16 PDT 2002

Jernej Simonèiè wrote:
> > He said he would look into setting up something that requires
> > confirmation of posts from non-subscribed people, which would pretty
> > much eliminate this kind of spam that gets past the filters.
> That's what I said. In some mailing lists I participate, all the
> moderators are notified of such messages, and one of them has to
> approve it then. You could always choose moderators from some trusty
> people, so that Monty doesn't have to do all the work...

Afaik this sort of confirmation works automatically - people get an
autoreply that they have to reply in return to have their post posted.
This is like every non-subscribed user moderating his own posts. This is
a nuisance the people who do not wish to subscribe should have to bear.
Since spammers, especially those who use automatic tools, usually don't
reply to these autoreplies, their spam won't get through.

The caveat, though, is that some virii and mostly all spammers forge
their sender/From address, which might make this automatic system
actually spam people who have nothing to do with all this, in case the
forged address is a valid one. I believe some intelligent filtering in
advance should be able to prevent this, though.