[advocacy] Fwd: MPEG LA to Charge for MPEG4 Streaming in Europe

Bacchus Thirteen bacchus_t
Mon Feb 25 02:45:25 PST 2002

Thank you for the information, Daniel.  I read them
all but...does this sound new to us?

This is why the Ogg multimedia project is aiming at
replacing whole the MPEG.  Many people may find the
goal ridiculous but it is necessary if the freedom in
digital media should be achieved at all.

By the way, sorry about the mp3.com.  I also expected
the possibility of their accepting Ogg but if a
company cannot understand the movement, I think it is
better for us to let them go.  I wonder if it is
beneficial or dangerous to the movement when private
companies begin to be interested in open-source only
in terms of its technology ignoring its thought.  They
might change their mind, anyway.

Open-source does not seem to have been disastrously
affected by the IT bubble, which proves something, I
think.  Just be careful of assassination, team.  ;-)