[advocacy] Organisational Plagiarisms (was Question on Personal License)

Bacchus Thirteen bacchus_t
Thu Oct 25 07:17:10 PDT 2001

--- L Victor Marks <victor at ripal.co.il> wrote:

> I'd like to clarify a few things you mention,
> Bacchus. I've been lurking
> without posting much, so please don't be offended-
>I'd like to clarify a few things you mention,
Bacchus.

On the contrary, provoking a discussion is a part of
my purposes.  Some people are too clever to post their
opinions, which, as a result, may give an impression
that not so many people are interested in this list.
Consequently, it does not benefit any.

Only one concerns of mine is that the same people
writing here can also prevent the others from writing,
which is one of the reasons why I refrain myself from
writing in the user's list.

> So the "how many innovative artists are there in the
> pop world" question is
> one asking for a potential world of hurt, for anyone
> who writes music,
> performs, or plays back music anywhere outside of
> their own home.

It is supposed to be so.  I hope it shows artists the
limitation of working with the conventional record
industry and think twice.  However, which way should
they chose is another question, which should be
discussed here.  Ogg gives us opportunities.  However,
whether seizing them or not depends on us.  One of our
choices is writing here.  However, if nobody writes,
we may lose the opportunity the net and Ogg gives us.

> I hope I haven't taken the discussion far afield-

I do not think so.  However if you think so, it would
be suitable for you to change the name of thread as
you like.

Bacchus 13