[advocacy] Fwd: Re: Why artists should be using Ogg Vorbis

Daniel James daniel
Mon Oct 8 06:56:28 PDT 2001

Subject: Excellent:
Date: Mon Oct  8 06:56:28 2001
From: gjg87 <gjg87 at mediaone.com>
To: daniel at mondodesigno.com

That was an excellent article you wrote. I agree with you ever step
of the way. Fundamentally the MP3 Format isn't even the best in it's
family. Thier are many reasons why I dislike it, these include
ringing artifacts, skiping problems, file trading copyright issues,
and much more. I hope Vorbis works to focus on making an efficient
format that will help us to eliminate those above. With out growing
efforts we can help to get people into a new open-source free format
for devolpers as well as listeners. The only reason I am forced to
use download MP3's is becuase, people are stubborn and don't bother
to look into any other technologies such as vorbis. I'll do my part
in promoting it every step of the way. I'm sure developers are
working every step of the way, as well to make each new encoder
version faster and more efficient too.